Delaware County's Final Mail Particpation Rate is Highest Among Ohio Counties Over 100,000 Population
Be Counted! It's in Our Hands...
The 2010 US Census is held on April 1, 2010 and it is imperative that every resident is counted on that day. An accurate count has a tremendous impact on the county for the next 10 years.
- From 2000 thru 2008, Delaware County received $939.1 million in federal funds that were allocated through a formula based on population, according to figures compiled by the Ohio Department of Development. On a yearly basis, this figure works out to an average of over a $100 million in federal funds per year ($104.3 million) for Delaware County.
- The current population estimate for Delaware County is 165,026 (as of July 2008) which means that Delaware County receives an estimated $632 per resident per year in federal funds. Using this estimate, Delaware County could lose as much as $6,320 over the next decade for each resident who is not counted in the 2010 census.
- Approximately 130 million census surveys will be mailed in March throughout the United States. An estimated 65,000 census surveys will be mailed in Delaware County.
- Beginning in April, census workers will begin knocking on doors for those households that did not return the census survey. To avoid having a census worker at your door, simply return the census survey by April 1st.
- It will affect your voice in congress by determining how many seats each state will have in the U.S. House of Representative.
- It guides local decision-makers on where to build new roads, hospitals, child-care and
senior citizen centers, schools, and more.
Census Takers Start Knocking May 1st
Churches within Census Tracts with lowest Participation Rates were contacted
Participation Rate (Take 10 Map)
To obtain more information about the Complete Count Committee (CCC), the upcoming meetings and current announcements, visit the Newsroom.
Delaware County held a very successful Portrait of America Road Tour
event on January 12, 2010
Visit the Census Bureau's newly launched website.